Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Everybody wants to go to Heaven

Yeah, I know, I am that annoying guy that just posts music on his blog. I have a couple more songs I would like to share. As I was flying to Connecticut today, I listened to Love and Rockets. Now I would imagine that most people have not heard of this band. Love and Rockets is an alternative band from the 80s and also a spin off from the gothic band Bauhaus. I find their music very enjoyable and two of their songs affected me today. I am going to share the song and lyrics and I ask that you take the time to actually listen to the songs and read the lyrics. There are some great messages and thoughts here.

Everybody wants to go to Heaven


Everybody wants to go to heaven
Everybody wants to go to heaven
Everybody wants to go to heaven
Do you wonder if heaven is true?
Do you want to see an angel?
Do you want to see an angel?
Do you want to hear an angel?
Do you wonder if angels are true?
The picket and the policeman
The astronaut in space
The skinhead and the student
The one who wears your face
Do you want to see the kingdom
Without a king?
Do you ever really wonder
If there is such a thing?
The future king of England
The little boy in school
The T.V. commentator
The prophet and the fool
The vicar and the rapist
The prisoner and the judge
The girl who works in Tesco's
The critic with a grudge
The rebel and the teacher
The vandal and the saint
The AIDS patient and the preacher
The one who says he ain't going anywhere
Everybody wants some heaven
Everybody wants some heaven
Everybody wants some heaven
Do you want to go to heaven?
Do you want to hear an angel?
Do you want to see the kingdom?
Oh Yeah!


I like this song; it gives you something to think about. I like that question, “Do you wonder if heaven is true?” Even after leaving the Mormon Church and all the stuff that gets posted about it on the Internet, you still have sit and wonder sometimes what is out there.


Alright, next song that has some deep meaning from Love and Rockets.

Sweet F.A.


I was rolling down the window of my car
And I was thinking where the game had got me so far
Doesn't matter where you're going or where you're coming from
Or is your life just like a grain of sand?
Fuck all else

Well I was rolling down the highway of my dreams
And I was wondering about highward sunsets and the silver screen
Doesn't matter where you're going or where you're coming from
Or is your life just like a grain of sand?
Fuck all else

Doesn't matter where we're going or where we're coming from
Or isn't life just like a grain of sand?
Fuck all else

Rolling down the highway in a dream

I was rolling down the highway in a dream

Just rolling down the highway in a dream

Just rolling...
Just rolling...



What I like about this song is the idea of all that matters is what I choose and I love the phrase “Fuck all else.” People like to make a big deal about religion either for it or against it, but it just doesn’t matter. Make your choice and fuck all else.

3 comments:

  1. WAIT! Love and Rockets had another song besides "So Alive"???

    *wink*

    Fuck all else. That's my phrase for the next two months. Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be working to Fuck All Else for the rest of the day I think.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete