Friday, September 24, 2010

My love for Bowie

I want to share why I chose to use the name Bowie for my online persona, there is a reason. Essentially, I consider David Bowie to be one of the greatest performers of all time. He does not perform so much anymore in recent years, but during his heyday, he was the shit! I need to give credit to my brother for introducing me to Bowie back in the 80’s when we were teens.

David Bowie has reinvented himself so many times and you may think that since I first heard him in the 80’s that I would like his 80’s music such as Let’s Dance the best, but you would be wrong. My favorite incarnation of David Bowie is the work the produced in the 70’s. Ziggy Stardust was a mind blower for the type of character and music he produced, but I really like the music that he released in the mid 70’s as the Thin White Duke. If you look at the picture of him that I use as my avatar, it is of the Thin White Duke.

I watched the VH1 100 Greatest Artists of all Time and David Bowie was rated as #12. This is a list that was created from polling the rock and artists themselves. One reason why I love Bowie so much is because of his absolute talent in writing and performing his music.

I want to share some of his amazing performances.





I couldn't get the embedded code for this video, but click the link. It is worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQFuNHCMF2Y&ob=av2n

Well, I hope you enjoyed the perfection and musicial genius of David Bowie. There are so many other songs, but then this post would be never ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment