Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It is official; I am an Ex-Mormon.

Well, it is now official; I am an Ex-Mormon. Blondie called me to let me know that we received our letters today. We received four letters, one for each member of our family.

So how do I feel about this? I would say that I have mixed feelings right now. I am happy and yet I have a feeling of loss and remorse. I am sure that I am not the only that has felt this way. So what do I do now? The future is wide open, I am still finding my way through life and I will keep discovering what works best for me.

In a future post, I will post my letter.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and to Blondie and your lovely family! You will most definitely continue discovering what works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, YEs, YES!!! I guess I'm a little more excited than you. Sorry sweetie, give it time and I'm sure you'll feel better about it. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think (as someone who has never belonged to any church, and therefore never left) that to officially be cut off from such a huge part of your former life would be more than adequate cause for grief and mourning. On the interwebs you will find loads of similar stories. And of course your experience of grief won't be the same as blondie's or anyone else's. Lean on your interweb support group and focus on the reasons why you ex-communicated and all the things you've gained from leaving.

    ReplyDelete